We are in the planning stages of a fund raiser event to be held on the spacious grounds of Liberty Church of Cosby 3541 Cosby Hwy,
If you’re not familiar with Liberty, they are located sort of across the road from Carvers Orchard and have a large open, flat space (about 4 acres out front) of grassy field between the building and the road. There is plenty of parking, and a handicapped accessible building.
What We Know
- Date and location Saturday, May 2nd, 2020, 10:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Cruise In: An informal car/motorcycle show, open to the public, no registration fee, there will be a Crowd Favorite award. If you have a classic, a hot rod, a custom car, or snazzy motorcycle come join in the fun. We would like you to register just so we know how many vehicles to plan on. E-mail Doug@PineyMountainFoster.org with your name and what you will be driving to the show.
- Quilt show: No details yet, but we are resolute there will be one.
- Smoked meat BBQ: Dennis and Stacey Dekker have agreed to provide their excellent smoked pork butt, pulled barbecue along with chips and a drink. Food and seating will be under the portico on the south side of the building.
- Adoption Event: The Friends Animal Shelter in Newport has accepted our invitation to do an adoption event/fund raiser. Come meet these great folks and learn about what they do – and consider taking home a new family member. I mean a dog or cat, not the staff.
- Music: This could be live band, or a DJ, or a radio station remote broadcast, or an old man with a kazoo and a bull horn. We don’t know how yet, but there will be music.
- Movies: The Liberty Arts Fellowship will be showing the short films that have been produced by John Rush and his accomplices over the years. Come grab some popcorn and enjoy the flicks.
- Event Shirt: Donna Gregg is providing custom artwork for use on the front of an event tee shirt, which will have sponsor names on the back. Local businesses will be asked to be sponsors.
- Related Vendors: The space between the car show and the parking lot will be offered to other local groups: preference will be given to local non-profits and to organizations and would be an opportunity to inform the public, recruit volunteers, do fund raising. We do not intend to make this a craft fair, but vendors may sell items related to their services. We are planning to rent one huge tent for all the vendors to be inside of, so just bring your tables and materials. There will be a minimal registration fee to help defray the cost of the tent.
PMFC’s fund raising will be in the form of tee shirt sales, vendor registration fees, and the popularity contest among the car show and the quilt show. We will exchange real money for play money that will be put in jars placed by each car and quilt to vote for that participant as the visitor’s favorite. People may vote as many times as they like. Prizes will be presented to the winners.
We will be needing volunteers to help set up, tear down, and to keep things rolling during the event. This is expected to be done by three separate crews so no one has to be there all day. If you are interested, comment below or e-mail Doug. There will be perks!