Writing a great book and getting it published are just parts of the journey to becoming a successful author. Making the buying public aware of your book – and getting them to buy it – is the final, and often the hardest, step. If you were able to get published by a major publishing house, they will most likely shoulder most of that burden. If you go with a small publisher or self-publishing, as more and more os us are, that task will fall squarely on your shoulders.
The following is a round-up of book marketing tips posted to BookBuzzer by Tony Eldridge. Tony is the author of the action/adventure book, The Samson Effect, that Clive Cussler calls a “first rate thriller brimming with intrigue and adventure” and the Twitter marketing book, Conducting Effective Twitter Contests which helps people find targeted Twitter followers. He also shares his book marketing tips with fellow authors through his blog and through his free video marketing tips for authors. You can follow him on Twitter @TonyEldridge
Now, on to Tony’s guest posts on BookBuzzr…
1. How To Keep Up With The People You Follow On Twitter– As your Twitter lists grows, how do you keep up with thousands of followers? Check this post out for some ideas.
2. Using Your Blog As A Virtual Hand Shake– This post can show you how to meet the contacts you want to meet by using your blog.
3. Tools To Help You Create Videos For Your Blog/Website– Videos are the rage on the net now. In this post, Tony shares some resources to help you use videos on your site.
4. 5 Tips On Setting E-Books Prices– Tony offers his two cents worth when it comes to e-book pricing in this post.
5. Free Downloads For Authors– This is the mega list of fun toys and downloads for authors.
6. Recognize Your Clients/Readers To Show Appreciation– Everyone loves a pat on the back or a little spotlight from time to time. See how you can do this for your readers.
7. The World Loves A Great Contest– See how you can use contests to have fun with your readers and followers.
8. Don’t Go At It Alone– Marketing your book can be a tough thing to do by yourself. The good news is that you don’t need to do it alone.
9. How To Get Your Book Mentioned In A Newspaper– Most authors want to see their book in the local newspaper. Here are some tips to show you how.
10. Mid-Week Book Marketing Tips: Creating A Marketing Hub– This post will show you how to organize a diverse and chaotic internet presence.
11. Now Is The Time To Facebook– Are you on Facebook? If not, you should be and in this post, Tony tells you why.
12. Important Communication Lessons Learned From The 2010 Midterm Elections– Last year, the Republicans thumped the Democrats in the mid-term elections. Check out these communications lessons from those elections you can use in your own book marketing efforts.
13. Review: Conducting Twitter Contests by Tony Eldridge– Read why BookBuzzr said that Conducting Effective Twitter Contests “is a must read for anyone planning a twitter contest!”
I hope you find some helpful ideas here, I know I did.