A.K.A. Big Mick, Mickaroni, The Mickster, Mickey Moose, Mickaroon, and Whatagoodboy!
Last updated Sept 24, 2023
Mickey was on the loose and wandered into a campground. He found a child by a camper trailer and they played together. Mom of child let their pet Great Dane out of the camper and it attacked Mickey. Mickey defended himself. Injuries occurred. Animal Control was called. The family demanded that Mickey be destroyed because he’s a “vicious pit bull”.
A veterinarian examined and evaluated Mickey and found no aggression at all. P.M.F.C. took him in and kept him quiet until The Family left the area.
- Arrival date: March 20th, 2023
- Breed: Staffordhire Terrier
- Sex: Neutered Male
- Age: Adult
- Birthdate: March 2018
- Weight: 61 pounds on Mar. 20
………… 57 lbs May 1, 2023
……….. 62 lbs July 1, 2023
………… 64 lbs Aug 1, 2023
………… 65 lbs Sep 1, 2023
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- General Health: Excellent
- Temperament: Happy, bouncy, enthusiastically affectionate.
- SAFER Test performed: No
- Departure date: Undetermined
- Relates well to other dogs: Yes
- Can eat food/treats near other dogs: Undetermined
- Preferred style of play: Likes gentle wrestling. Not really into running.
- Is affectionate: Yes
- Is good with:
. Men: Yes
. Women: Yes
. Children: Yes
. Cats: Probably not, gets excited about vagrant cat in our area.
- Jumps up on people: Occasionally
- Mouths: Yes – its more an enthusiastic licking. Working on that.
- Walks well on a leash: Yes
- Comes when called: Yes
- Sits on command: Yes
- Down / Off: Yes
- Shake / Paw: Working on it
- Kennels on command: Yes
- Start by submitting a completed Adoption Application (Now an on-line, mobile friendly form).
- Contact information for your veterinarian is required and we will do a reference check.
- If local (within @50 miles), schedule a meet-n-greet after your application has been processed. If you have another dog, bring it. A home inspection and interview will be done after a successful meet-n-greet.
- If not local, adopter needs to contact a reputable rescue in THEIR area and request that rescue pull the dog from us after performing a home inspection and investigation of their own. You will then adopt the dog from them.
- Local adoption fee is $200.00 This includes neuter surgery, vaccination against Parvovirus, Distemper, Adednovirus, Rabies, and Bordatella and a thorough de-worming. This dog has been microchipped and will be registered in the adopters name. Any health issues we found were addressed and are described below.
Big Mick has clearly enjoyed life as a house dog before. He is tidy in his habits and enjoys being able to come inside when he wants to.
One notable thing: when I’m dishing up their meals, most cottage dogs are singing their songs of encouragement. Mickey on the other hand settles on his bed and quietly chews a bone as an appetizer. He is such a good boy.
More will be added as care and training progress. To receive notices of updates subscribe below. It’s painless and you can unsubscribe any time you want. Your e-mail address is used ONLY to deliver post notices. That’s a promise!
Want to help save lives?
Everyone involved with PMFC is a volunteer,
no donated funds go to salaries or benefits.
We are 501(c)(3) – EIN: 84-3593563