Samson has had a pretty good life, except for having been discarded twice. Now he’s a Steele dog and we hope to find him a forever home.
Last updated: Oct 19, 2018
- Arrival date: Oct 13, 2018
- Breed: Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Sex: Male
Young, Adult, Mature, Senior
- Weight: @ 58 Pounds
- Spay/Neutered: Yes
- General Health: Good
- Temperament: Docile, friendly
- Gets Along with Dogs: Yes
- Gets Along with People: Yes
- Housebroken/Crate Trained: Yes
- Departure date: Oct. 19, 2018 (transfer)
He was adopted from a shelter in Blountville TN in August of 2017. In October of 2018, Samson was surrendered to Newport Animal Control because his family was moving to Government Assisted Housing and Sampson exceeds the size/weight limit for dogs in that project. He is reported to be good with children, dogs, and cats. They also said he was in obedience training in Greenville and had completed 3 of the 4 classes in that program.
Known Issues & Progress
He needs a grain-free diet — which he has not been getting and his skin is in pretty rough shape right now. He is accustomed to being an in-house dog and we can’t do that right now, which makes him upset.
Another Steele Away foster home has agreed to take Samson and provide in-home foster care. Sam will be much happier that way and will retain his Housebroken medal of merit. He’s leaving Oct 19, 2018. Mike and Jeanne will probably post pictures to Facebook. You can look for him there.
- DA2PP: 08/04/2017 (Sullivan County, Bluff City, Kingsport Animal Center)
- Bordatella: 08/04/201 (SBK Blountville)
- Wormed: 08/04/2017, Pryantel: 6cc (SBK Blountville)
- Rabies: 01/09/2018 (Margret B. Mitchel Spay/Neuter Clinic, Bristol, VA)
- Spay/Neuter: 01/09/2018 (Margret B. Mitchel Spay/Neuter Clinic)
- Flea/Tick preventative: Oct 16, Advantage, 3ml
Heartworm preventative: dates, product, dose Heartworm Test/
In roughly chronological order, newest at the bottom. Click the thumbnails to enlarge. Some pictures are linked to Doggy Tales and videos about NAME, click those to open the related story or video.
|If you enjoy our updates, Doggy Tales, and educational articles consider subscribing for notices when new pieces are posted. It’s painless and you can unsubscribe any time you want. Your e-mail address is used ONLY to deliver these notices.|
One comment on “Samson Steele: Notes on a foster dog”