Lady’s big smile and slick dance moves caught our eye when she was at Animal Control.
Last updated: Oct 11, 2018
- Arrival date: Sept 26, 2018
- Breed: Black Lab / Staffordshire
- Sex: Female
Young, Adult, Mature, Senior
- Weight: @ 50 Pounds
- Spay/Neutered: Yes
- General Health: Excellent
- Temperament: Playful, friendly
- Gets Along with Dogs: Yes
- Gets Along with People: Yes
- Housebroken/Crate Trained: No
- Departure date: October 12, 2018
Picked up as a stray by Newport Animal Control. Became a long-term inmate and was on the “at risk” list, so Steele Away Home pulled her and placed her with us for foster care.
Known Issues & Progress
Quite clingy. Acts out when I leave her. She needs confidence.
10/11 Still gets vocal when I leave the yard or am working with another dog, but no longer destructive. She also has calmed down and enjoys getting petted.
Lady gets along fine with her neighbor, Ugg, and has been in the yard with Blondie Bear. Lady wants to play, Blondie isn’t sure of her yet. No hostilities on either side.
10/11 They have had several play sessions. These tend to be short because Lady gets into “trash-talking” and I shut that down. Lady gets along fine with Blondie. They occasionally play together, but that’s a whole other game: much more tame.
Lady was quite destructive when she decided she didn’t want to be where she was! But that has gotten better now that she’s settling into a schedule and knows I will be around in a while (several times a day) to let her out to play.
She knows, “come”, “sit”, “down/off” and “in your room”
- DA2PP: 09/01/2018 (by N.A.C.)
- Bordatella: 09/01/2018 (by N.A.C.)
- Wormed: Oct 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Fendbendazole: 10 ml, (by P.M.F.C.)
- Rabies: Oct 5, 2018 (Paws & Claws)
- Spay/Neuter: Oct 5 (Paws & Claws)
- Flea/Tick preventative: Oct 5, Advantage
- Heartworm preventative: Oct 6, Nu Heart
- Heartworm Test/Treatment: Oct 5 – Negative (Paws & Claws)
In roughly chronological order, newest at the bottom. Click the thumbnails to enlarge. Some pictures are linked to Doggy Tales and videos about Lady, click those to open the related story or video.
|If you enjoy our updates, Doggy Tales, and educational articles consider subscribing for notices when new pieces are posted. It’s painless and you can unsubscribe any time you want. Your e-mail address is used ONLY to deliver these notices.||