Judging by her behavior, this little punkin has had a rough life: She was terrified of the outdoors, afraid of coming out of her crate, and reacted to new people by hunkering down on the floor.
Last updated: Oct. 23, 2018
- Arrival date: Oct. 2, 2018
- Breed: Beagle mix
- Sex: Female
Young, Adult, Mature, Senior
- Weight: @ 40 Pounds
- Spay/Neutered: Yes
- General Health: Good
- Temperament: Timid but friendly
- Gets Along with Dogs: Yes
- Gets Along with People: Yes, once she gets to know you.
- Housebroken/Crate Trained: Crate trained for sure, may be pee-pad trained. At first she didn’t want to go outside, doesn’t know what to do when she got there. She’s learning to like it.
- Departure date: Oct 12, 2018
Low Rider was picked up off the streets of Newport by a good Samaritan who saw her scuttling around, absolutely terrified. This person took her to Animal Control, where she went unclaimed. Steele Away Home pulled her.
Known Issues & Progress
Low Rider is eager for attention and happily wiggles her butt when we approach, but is afraid to go to anyone at first. She was also terrified of outdoors. She would not walk on a leash if a collar was used, but is doing better with a harness. She is already coming out of her shell.
She is overweight, needs a restricted diet to get that under control.
- DA2PP: 10/03/2018 (PMFC)
- Bordatella: 10/03/2018 (PMFC)
- Wormed: Oct 4, 5, & 6, Fendbendazole: 8 ml (PMFC)
- Rabies: Oct 5, 2018 (Paws & Claws)
- Spay/Neuter: Oct 5, 2018 (Paws & Claws)
- Flea/Tick preventative: Oct 5, Advantage
- Heartworm preventative: Oct 6, Nu Heart
- Heartworm Test: Oct 5, 2018 (Paws & Claws) Negative
In roughly chronological order, newest at the bottom. Click the thumbnails to enlarge. Some pictures are linked to Doggy Tales and videos about Low Rider, click those to open the related story or video.
|If you enjoy our updates, Doggy Tales, and educational articles consider subscribing for notices when new pieces are posted. It’s painless and you can unsubscribe any time you want. Your e-mail address is used ONLY to deliver these notices.|
One comment on “Low Rider Steele: Notes on a foster dog”