This is Calla Lily. Her Mom called her Lily, or Li-Li (lee lee). She’s a yellow Lab mix, and an affectionate, playful girl.
Last updated: Nov 9, 2018
- Arrival date: Oct. 20, 2018
- Breed: Yellow Lab mix
- Sex: Female
Young, Adult, Mature, Senior
- Weight: 35 Pounds (as of 10/12/18)
- Spay/Neutered: Yes
- General Health: Good
- Temperament: Rowdy but friendly.
- Gets Along with Dogs: Yes
- Gets Along with People: Yes
- Housebroken/Crate Trained: Yes
- Departure date: Nov. 9th, 2018
Lily’s mom adopted her from a shelter at 4 months of age in January of 2018. Lily had some health problems, but came through them. As she grew, Lily became too strong and rowdy for Mom to handle and she made the hard decision to surrender her to Steele Away Home so Lily could get the training she needs and go to a permanent home. It was a tearful parting.
Known Issues & Progress
She’s rowdy. Needs self-control and obedience training.
She knows, “Come”, “Sit”, and “In your room”.
Lily has proven to be quite bright and has learned all her basic commands. She also knows that when she’s done pottying and playing in the yard, she gets a treat to go back in her kennel. So when she’s decided she’s done, she runs into her kennel and sits on her bed to signal me that it’s time to bring her a treat. Who’s training who here? 🙂
She has calmed down quite a bit.
She walks well on a leash for me, but gives Marie a hard time.
As long as she it let out regularly, she is good to her bedding. If she gets frustrated, her bedding suffers!
- DHPP: 01/12/2018, 02/03/2018, by White Pine Veterinary (WPV)
- DHLPP:02/24/2018 by WPV
- Bordatella: 02/24/2018, 10/13/2018 by WPV
- Wormed: 01/12/2018 by WPV (tested since: NEGATIVE)
- Rabies: 02/24/2018 (1 year booster) by WPV
- Spay/Neuter: 04/24/2018 by WPV (also repaired umbilical hernia)
- Flea/Tick preventative: ???
- Heartworm preventative: ???
- Heartworm Test: 05/11/2018 – NEGATIVE by WPV
In roughly chronological order, newest at the bottom. Click the thumbnails to enlarge. Some pictures are linked to Doggy Tales and videos about Lily, click those to open the related story or video.
|If you enjoy our updates, Doggy Tales, and educational articles consider subscribing for notices when new pieces are posted. It’s painless and you can unsubscribe any time you want. Your e-mail address is used ONLY to deliver these notices.||