Pearl was one of three dogs picked up for vagrancy by the pet police. No owner ever came to claim her, so she’s starting anew.
Last updated: June 12, 2021
Pearl was picked up with two other dogs: Camo; who is clearly related to Pearl, but younger, and another unrelated dog who was adopted before we pulled these two. All were classed as strays, posted on the Animal Control Facebook page but no one came to reclaim any of them, so Animal Control made them available.
- Arrival date: June 9, 2021
- Breed: Husky mix
- Sex: Female
- Age: Adult
- Birthdate: @ June 2019
- Weight: @ 45 pounds on June 9
- Spayed: Scheduled
- General Health: Good
- Temperament: Rowdy, jumpy, but affectionate.
- SAFER Test performed: Yes – Passed
- Departure date: Undetermined
- Submit a completed Adoption Application (Now an on-line, mobile friendly form).
- Contact information for your veterinarian is required and we will do a reference check.
- If local, a meet-n-greet is encouraged. If you have another dog, bring it.
- An adoption Contract must be signed by PMFC and Adopter. This is a legal document and an actual signature is required. If the form must be mailed back and forth, allow time for that to happen. Electronic PDF is allowed if you can print/scan.
- If not local, adopter arranges transport. We frequently work with HEARTS LLC (fees are paid to the transport service) but have other options available.
- Adoption fee is $200.00 This includes spay surgery, vaccination against Parvovirus, Distemper, Adednovirus, Rabies, and Bordatella and a thorough de-worming. This dog has been microchipped and will be registered in the adopters name. Any health issues we found were addressed and are described below.
Detailed notes and discussion are available below the summary and gallery.
- Relates well to other dogs: Yes, she relates positively to friendly dogs
- Can eat food/treats near other dogs: Undetermined
- Preferred style of play: Undetermined
- Is affectionate: Yes, very much so.
- Is good with:
. Men: Yes
. Women: Yes
. Children: Unknown – pretty rowdy now for young children.
. Cats: Unknown
- Jumps up on people: Yes
- Mouths: Yes
- Walks well on a leash: No
- Comes when called: Not yet
- Sits on command: Yes
- Down / Off: Not yet
- Shake / Paw: Not yet
- Kennels on command: Almost there
Victor Classic – Professional Dry Dog Food
½ cup plus 3 oz. home made stew AM and PM
PMFC Peanut butter cookies given as rewards for compliance.
Occasional snacks include:
Retriever Beef Basted Sticks
Jones Beef Hooves
Grillerz Pork Femur
June 12, 2021
Pearl is coming along. She still gets excited when we are in the yard together: jumping on me and nipping at my hands. Camo was the same way at first. I’m using the same technique I did with him and it is helping, she just slower at being dissuaded from this behavior. She dumb: she has learned “In Your Room” (although she does not always comply right away) and she now knows “sit” (and is compliant).
She loves her swimming pool. I put that in there because she would stomp in her water bowl. She plays in her pool all the time. When it gets hot I’ve seen her laying in the water, resting.
More will be added as care and training progress. To receive notices of updates subscribe below. It’s painless and you can unsubscribe any time you want. Your e-mail address is used ONLY to deliver post notices. That’s a promise!
Want to help save lives?
Everyone involved with PMFC is a volunteer,
no donated funds go to salaries or benefits.
We are 501(c)(3) – EIN: 84-3593563