Hudson is a big, laid-back, Tennessee good-ol-boy hound who just wants to be loved.
Last updated: Jan 28, 2019
- Arrival date: Nov. 10, 2018
- Breed: Lab/Hound mix
- Sex: Male
Young, Adult, Mature, Senior
- Weight: @ 70 Pounds
- Spay/Neutered: Yes
- General Health: Excellent
, Good, Fair, Poor
- Temperament: Calm and laid back.
- Gets Along with Dogs: Yes
- Gets Along with People: Yes
- Housebroken/Crate Trained: House: Sort of / Crate: Yes
- Departure date: January 18, 2019 –> 11th Hour
Hudson was found dragging a length of chain and wandering the parking lot of the local Wal-Mart. Animal Control was called and they took him in. No one claimed him. No one adopted him, so he became a Steele dog.
Known Issues & Progress
No issues seen. Hudson can be bouncy and playful with other dogs but is generally respectful and affectionate with people. Even when I first let him out of his kennel he walks out and STANDS next to me, looking up asking, “Please pet me”. Such a good boy!
He’s a little “pully” on a leash with a collar, but not bad at all, and a slight tug on the leash gets him to stop pulling for a while.
He knows and responds to “come”, “sit” and “in your room”. Rewarding him with a small treat insures compliance. Hudson is all about treats!
He prefers not to poop in his kennel and as long as I let him out regularly will hold it until he can go to the yard. Actual house breaking should be easy with this foundation laid. Tendency to “mark” will go away now that he’s been neutered.
- DA2PP: 11-10-2018 (N.A.C.)
- Bordatella: 11-10-2018 (N.A.C.)
- Wormed: Nov 10, 11, 12, Fendbendazole: 12 ml (PMFC)
- Rabies: Nov 30, 2018 by Claws and Paws
- Spay/Neuter: Nov 30, 2018 by Claws and Paws
- Flea/Tick preventative: Dec 1, 2018, Advantage
. Jan 4, 2019, Advantage
- Heartworm preventative: Dec 1, 2018 NuHeart
. Jan 4, 2019 NuHeart
- Heartworm Test: Nov 30, 2018 by Claws and Paws – result NEGATIVE
Updates on foster dogs are posted regularly. To check out those that refer to Hudson [click here]
In roughly chronological order, newest at the bottom. Click the thumbnails to enlarge. Some pictures are linked to Doggy Tales or videos about Hudson, click those to open the related story or video.
|If you enjoy our updates, Doggy Tales, and educational articles consider subscribing for notices when new pieces are posted. It’s painless and you can unsubscribe any time you want. Your e-mail address is used ONLY to deliver these notices.||